Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time to SPOOK...




I had so much fun making this treat box to pass around our neighborhood. The kids loving "Booing" their friends. Sunday night, I rushed to finish making the box and then we filled it with all kinds of Halloween goodies. Just before 8pm, the kids ran next store and dropped the box on our neighbor's doorstep, rang the bell, then ran around the corner to watch! This be told, is "BOOing". Half of the fun of it, is figuring out who "BOO'ed" you!! 'Course with my youngest daughter around, it's not too hard to figure out, since she CANNOT keep a secret. The very next day she rushed to the neighbor's after school, and blabbed!! Too cute!!

Last night, it was our turn to get SPOOKED!! After a little investigation this morning at the bus stop, the kids are pretty sure they know who BOO'ed us. Tonight, time for the SPOOKS to make another doorstep delivery!!!

Here's a picture of the Boo Box I made. I saw the idea for the Boo Box in a Paper Crafts magazine from last season. We always doing Boo-ing in the neighborhood, but usually just fill a bowl or bag with goodies. I loved the idea of the decorated BOO Box. The craft -colored box itself comes in a pack of three I think, from Oriental Trading Company. The boxes can be decorated any way you choose. Would be great too for a cookie exchange....HMMMM next project!!!



3 comments:

alliehoopes said...

Okay...so cute! And such a fun idea! You've done it again. I told you, I'm a fan.

marcibun said...

Thats really cute...what a great way to bring the neighborhood together. I think I might have to borrow that one :)

Tracy Lathrop said...

For whipping this together you sure rocked it!! I want to be your next lucky neighbor!!! :)