Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Princess and the Pea

Or in my house...The Mom and the Tooth. For those of you not familiar with the story here is a link, but if you are familiar, you know the princess could not sleep because of that pea under her mattress. Well in my case it was a tooth in a box, and not a mattress, but my pillow. My youngest daughter Isabelle, who has lost 2 teeth already, is still afraid of the tooth fairy. About 5AM she came into my bedside to tell me her tooth had fallen out while she was sleeping, but that she had found it. Thank goodness she hadn't swallowed it - would not be the first time this has happened in our house. Usually, our procedure is to put the lost tooth in the special tooth fairy box and place it on mom and dad's night table (remember - no tooth fairy is allowed in Isabelle's room), but on this occasion, Isabelle insisted the tooth fairy box had to go under MY pillow - OK. Just get this child back to bed so I can sleep!! Who would a thought a small porcelain box under your pillow could cause so much unrest, but IT DID!! Or at least that is what I am blaming my remaining uncomfortable night's rest on and neck pain this morning. On the brighter side, at least the tooth fairy did not FORGET to visit this time.
OK - not related to the tooth fairy or the princess and the pea...here are some LO's I did recently using the Sept. Studio Calico Kit Iconic and a few items in my own stash.

10 comments:

mommy2alex said...

I love your layouts and you will not believe what is sitting on top of my to lift pile?!! Your "my peanut" layout that I printed off the gallery at SC, just love how you used that kit! Now I might have to lift the other one too, they're both FAB!!

Lorrie said...

very funny and cute story about your dd being afraid of the tooth fairy. My dd LOVES any fairies!!!! Oh, and you asked on my blog about my coupons, they were from my sunday papers from the last 5 weeks, and my MIL gives me hers. I had a TON to go through! ha!

Jennifer Davis said...

Wow! Great job on those layouts...you totally rocked them both! =)

Susan Beth said...

Oh man, do I ever love those layouts! Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Kristii said...

Awesome layouts!! I love them both!!

Cricket said...

Fabulous layouts!! So glad I joined Studio Calico! LOL on the tooth fairy...Mandi was the same way, no tooth fairy was to be flying around her in her room!! We had to put the tooth on a dish in the kitchen!! Sadly, those days are long gone...enjoy it while you can!

smiles,

Tracy Lathrop said...

Looks to me like my bff has been busy!! I love what you did with the kit!! Both layouts turned out so gorgeous!!! I can't wait till next Friday!!! Is it here yet?

Lauren said...

Absolutely LOVE your layouts... thye inspire me! :) ! And what a sweet story about the tooth fairy! :)

Lyn said...

love your layouts!!

Anonymous said...

what a great blog and I just love those awesome layouts!!