Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Little of This and That

A little of this and that... that is what I am leaving you with today. Been finishing some projects up as of late and wanted to share. Sorry for the photos if they aren't that great. My good camera has a dead battery!! Just when I finally have little natural sunlight to take pics too!! I am using my back-up camera, which is just OK.

These LO's are some I did with the Studio Calico Jan. 09 Bibliography Kit and some extra October Afternoon Night Light Collection I had to get after playing with what came in the kit!!





Next is a card I made using a crackle technique I read about in Creating Keepsakes Mar. 09 Magazine (pg 111 in case you are interested). I played around a lot with this technique, but am not sure I ever got quite the same results pictured in the magazine. The technique involves using lots of embossing powder (UTEE) and Alcohol inks. I had fun making a mess over at my bff Tracy's house while doing this!! Sorry Tracy if Terry complained about having to vacuum up after me!! LOL!! Seriously, I did not make that big of a mess, but if you knew anything about Tracy's husband's obsession with vacuuming, you'd understand! LOL!! The little birdie stamp is from Hero Arts. The card itself is in the shape of a little purse with a ribbon strap. I traced a card my daughter got for her b-day to use as a template.


Finally, this is actually a project I completed awhile ago, but don't think I ever posted. The pages below are actually just a couple from an album I made to showcase my Mother's poetry and short stories. Shortly after my Mom passed away, I came upon a folder of old papers that Mom had held onto for many years. Among my sisters' and brother's old report cards, and some of my old art projects, I found a wealth of handwritten stories, poems and letters that appeared to be quite old. Indeed they were, for some dated back to my Mom's youth at the young age of fifteen. Written on tattered pieces of paper in penmanship that could be none other than my Mom's, were the thoughts, stories and poems my Mom adored to write. I knew my Mom had been quite a writer, though I had never really seen any of her work, other than a few poems around the holidays she would sometimes include in greeting cards. I decided to type up her poems and stories and put them in an album so that they could be shared with other family members and not forgotten.

If you are interested, I will try to share a few selections over the next few days, but this is one of my favorites. Mom wrote this poem about her Grandma Pricilla Bowman Buccholz (her Father's Mother). The picture though is actually of my Mom, Agnes (left), her sister, my Aunt Gladys (right) and their Mother, my Grandma Amy Buccholz, who I am named after. I used some of my own stash to make the album, but most of the papers and supplies came in a kit I purchased from The Scarlet Lime Kit Club (Mar. 08 Project Kit).

7 comments:

liz mataraza said...

love the layouts! that SC flower from that one patterned paper is to die for!

oh, and in reference to your previous post, i am soooo glad i have two boys! thanks for visiting me!

Erin M said...

Amy--Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. We definitely appreciate the prayers for Jake.
Love the layouts that you created with the OA stuff! Need to get more of that myself.

*Paula* said...

I can see why you needed more OA - that is some fun stuff! Love the layouts!

Michele Kovack said...

Your LO's are gorgeous! What a treasure to find those letters/poems!

Cricket said...

love all your layouts Amy and the card is adorable!! I might have to check out that article!!

I remember seeing your album and I think it is amazing! What a wonderful tribute to your mom and something your kids will treasure forever I'm sure!

smiles,

Angie said...

Great layouts!!!

A Soldier Girl said...

Umm yah so your work is fab .. love it ..