Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Critters

Just sharing some layouts I did this weekend featuring some of the critters in our home. I still have soooo many more pet photos to scrap. The kids take lots of pics using my camera and of course they usually choose our pets as photo subjects.


Picture of Abbey's parakeet, Nikko with Sammy, Zach's guinea pig. They really do enjoy hanging out together, but Sammy recently did chew Nikko's tail off - no worries, Nikko is fine, and the tail feathers will grow back!


In our home, each child gets to choose a pet for their 8th birthday as long as it has feathers or fur - no reptiles or slimy things here people!! I did the frog thing once and that was enough. Of course, no more dogs at this time - two is enough and no cats - Trey is allergic. This leaves us with birds and rodents - I can handle that. Zach's guinea pig Sammy really is cute and boy has he grown since this picture was taken!!


And NO - Lafferty really isn't in the dog house!! Are you kidding me??!! He is like the best dog ever - SERIOUSLY!! I just got this little house in a kit and thought it would be cute. Wish I had a better story to give you, but I don't!! Now if it were Gulliver in the photo, I am sure I would have some stories to tell!!

Speaking of photos, I realize now as another month almost comes to a close, I have barely taken any photos so far this year. I mean, it's really sad. Or at least it makes me sad. I need to get on this!! For instance, I should have taken pictures of ALL THE SNOW WE GOT overnight!! Yes, that's right - MORE SNOW - ewe!! Or perhaps I should have gotten outside with the kids today and gotten a pic of the snowman they built in the front yard. May still be time for that, however, the sun is out and it may have already melted. Note to self: GO CHECK ON SNOWMAN!!

Anyhow, I mean to make amends with myself and start taking more photos starting right after I post this. TTFN...

14 comments:

Ayesha said...

all though i adore snow i need some sun right now lol

im loving the layouts....expecially in the dog house so cool

Michelle said...

cute pages!

Rita said...

Love all of your pet pages! I haven't been taking as many pics as I would like either. I'm hoping that will change as the weather improves and we can be outside more!

Mia said...

Love your pages Amy! The dog house one is way cute! I would love some snow right about now! LOL!

Valerie Chmielak said...

ADORABLE LO's Amy!!! I LOVE the pic of the parrot and guinea pig together!!

Lindsay said...

Awesome LOs, Amy! I love your family tradition of choosing a pet on the 8th birthday - what a great age for that! Take care!

Linda Beeson said...

What a totally cute reason to create some layouts! LOVE the papers.

Cricket said...

Love the layouts! that one of Lafferty is a riot!

I am the same way, I've hardly taken any photos this year!! and yesterday, when we got all that snow...I was in no mood to go photograph it!! LOL

Missed you Saturday....are we going to do the April Amuse class? Hope so!

smiles,

mborrero said...

oh the dog with the glasses was weird lol . great los

vtpuggirl said...

Adorable pages, love what you did with the kits!

Sweet Peripety said...

ohohoh! love the pages!!!!!!!

Anna Sigga said...

Love your pages - the first one is too cute!

Kristii said...

Love your work girl!! It totally makes me smile!!! HOpe you have a great day!!

Courtney said...

LOL, love the one with the glasses on the dog! You pages are beautiful!